View previous topic :: View next topic  
~Holyrain
Executive Officer

re: Disc Priest Healing (preferred for 5 mans)

Kamielle was so good as to point this awesome 101 guide out to me. It's a long read, but a MUST for priests.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2010/12/20/spiritual-guidance-discipline-priest-101/

There are two possible Disc routes.
1. Atonement: Spamming Smite on the target to heal anyone within 15 yards of the mob the equivalent amount your smite dealt in dps (and doing quite a bit of dps to help out the party)
2. non-Atonement: Throwing "Heal" on the party, this could be a bit more like the strat you might be used to in the past for healing, just a lot of clicking on party members and throwing heals around.

I personally have come to really enjoy Atonement. Each time I cast smite i usually heal the tank for 20-25% of his life. It uses hardly any mana, and after 5 stacks of it the haste on it is amazing. The only time I struggle with it is if rdps take damage for one reason or another. To have to stop the smite spam and throw a heal on them (should be penance) or Prayer of Healing for whole group can begin to be a big mana sucker. Things to think about when choosing!
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Crusaders of the Light Forum Index -> Priest All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: