View previous topic :: View next topic  
BadDreamsHydaxs
Officer Alts

re: Account SECURITY

Everyone should have some sort of security on their Blizzard.net account, and there is no reason not to. There are 3 methods to secure your Blizzard account against hacking:

1) Battle.net Authenticator. This is a keychain purchased from Blizzard that generates a revolving random 6 digit code that is linked to your account. When you login to play WoW you are asked to enter this code along with your user name and password. The code changes every 30 seconds and it is impossible to login without it. You can find it in the Blizzard store.

2) Battle.net Mobile Authenticator. This is the same as #1 above, but offered as a free application for iPhone/iPod Touch or Android smart phones. If you use this method, remove it from your account before making any OS updates to your smartphone/iOS device, then add it back after updates are completed. If you do not, it can be seen as a new item and the only way to access your account will require you spending hours on the phone with Blizz!

3) Battle.net Dial-in Authenticator. This is a free service from Blizzard. Once configured, you will get a login screen message to call a toll-free phone number whenever you play wow from a new IP. This system can even be used with a Google Voice number.
More info here http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&tag=dialinauth&rhtml=true

The method that you choose depends on what your game environment is like. Keep in mind that you can only have 1 Authenticator tied to a single Blizzard.net account.

Remember, NEVER use the same login or password for your Blizzard.net account for ANY other means! (email/website/game)

For more information on account security (and recovery) from Blizzard:
http://us.blizzard.com/support/index.xml?locale=en_US&gameId=11&rootCategoryId=4271

Last edited by BadDreamsHydaxs on 2011/04/06 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Thank-you Bd for taking time to post this information.
Soli

I'll add that IF you are hacked, it is VERY important to notify an officer. Previously as guild leader, when I would find out a hacking occurred, I would also submit my own ticket to blizz on behalf of the guild if the guild bank fell victim to the hacking. If you are hacked YOU will need to submit a ticket to blizz to have any/all items replaced.
Soliiaana
Officer Alts

Thanks Dv, that is good info for me to know.
Soli

Plus, I believe you still get a Corehound Pup companion pet if you use an authenticator! Free pet!
Soliiaana
Officer Alts

BONUS!!!!

metheridge wrote:
Plus, I believe you still get a Corehound Pup companion pet if you use an authenticator! Free pet!

Yes, this is true. It has a couple funny animations as well!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum