View previous topic :: View next topic  

AFTER reading the article above, how do you feel about the new expansion?
I can't wait, I've created place holders for my panda name!
40%
 40%  [ 4 ]
I just roll with the punches, don't really care about story line. Point me at something to wack.
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
I have reservations, but I'm always willing to try anything once (BD's motto).
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
If I say I hate it, will Renner finally shut up?
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
I truly still feel this will be the total destruction of the game we love. :(
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

~Holyrain
Executive Officer

re: Know Your Lore

The exclamations of excitement and disgust are alive in COTL's guild chat with the announcement of Mists of Pandaria. But before you write off WoW to a pokemon/dreamworks sellout...you may want to read the lore behind it yourself and maybe you'll actually get excited again for the tale of Azeroth. After all, there's a reason we love stories like the Lord of The Rings. There's a reason why this game sucks us back to it when others pop onto the scene. It's not just about the iLvl of the gear. There is something that sucks us in when the question is asked "So what happens next?" After all..why do you think DV watches the Young and the Restless? It's about story folks, and you should get excited about it again.

Read this article from Wow Insider now!

Click on the forum post header above after you read to fill out the attached Poll! Happy

Last edited by ~Holyrain on 2011/11/08 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
BadDreamsHydaxs
Officer Alts

Whoa need a wide window to see results page!

Ok, #1 tks for the mention in the answers! Happy
#2 I have Xsing Xsing reservred. He is the mate to Ling Ling back in the day. Check it out on Google/Bing/whatever if you have no idea what i'm talking about.
#3 Not excited about the pet battles. I see it as just another time killer like Archaeology while waiting in queue. There is the whole issue if all pets will have the same abilities or not. Since some are only available by spending extra $, that would stink and be lend for an unfair advantage to some players over others.

re: panda

Well, honestly seeing as how I'm still on Burning Crusades, I won't even get to play this expansion for awhile. But honestly I think it sounds pretty neat. I love lore personally. Lore is what got me hooked on Diablo and DII. Being a DII head I was always reluctant to try WoW. But now I'm so glad I did! I love it! The lore is amazing in this game! Okay thats my two cents. See you all on the realm!

I'll never shut up.

that said, everyone knows what I think about it...and I'll say it again...

WoW-killing Xpac, already lost 1million this year...another million in 2012

SEE YOU IN STAR WARS!

twisted
metheridge
Officer Alts

My feeling on this is the same as it is for any Wow expansion - I know I'll enjoy it, and I know I'll play it - so I don't worry too much about the speculation or the lore. I actually know very little about the lore of any game I play, I just play it if I enjoy the look and feel of the environment, and the functionality of the characters. New things in Wow are usually fun for me. I leveled a Worgen to 85 and a Goblin to 25. Clearly, I enjoy one over the other.

As with anything, there are always people who like or dislike. This is why we have choices in our world. If we all liked the exact same things, we'd have a lot less to choose from. However, if I don't like someting, I don't usually run around telling everyone else not to like it, or go over all the things I don't like about it. I just move on to something I do like.

I'm sure Blizzard has all of those thoughts in mind when they make something new for Wow, and I'm sure they have some idea of how the new xpac will do. Afterall, they have had much success so far, even when people doubted them.

I don't have my Panda name reserved because I have 10 high level toons on Hydraxis already. I'm not sure what I'll do if they don't come through with at least one more character slot. But, I'm sure I'll have a Panda somewhere, and it'll be fun to play a new type of character and a new class!

htp://styxerofwow.imaginativefusionllc.com
Twitter: @styxerofwow
DarthVaader
Officer Alts

HOW DARE you insinuate that I watch "The Young and the Restless"

everyone in the guild knows that I am a BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL man
Hudman
Officer

If you are interested in lore i would recommend reading all the warcraft books. Christie Golden is a very good author and it is really interesting to see all about the history behind the game.
Lariissa
Major

........I want a panda..........

I just looked at some of the info for the new xpac... pretty cool! Monk looks great!

Hei Bai the birthday Panda from Avatar the last air bender? YES.

do you have that name reserved?

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: